Benefits to the Government
The adoption of Cloud-based solutions provides a stable and secure platform to manage large health information data while eliminating the need to manage high-end servers in each healthcare institution. This offers easier access to patient information for healthcare professionals, facilitating business intelligence and national healthcare management that is accessible anywhere, anytime.
Some of the benefits to the Ministry of Health for Governments include:
- Large-scale disease surveillance and mapping with a fraction of the effort through flexible data aggregation and actionable intelligence gathering frameworks.
- Provision of mobile (mHealth) and electronic (eHealth) solutions help reach out to the entire population and serve the needs of the complete healthcare ecosystem in the most effective manner that is suited for each level of the delivery hierarchy.
- Ability to provide meaningful business intelligence such as disease burden, health budget effectiveness, epidemic information, real-time outbreak monitoring and interventional strategies.
- Real time public health monitoring with a system-level drill down health management.
- Tracking public health delivery operations to identify bottlenecks and establish an effective health delivery framework.
- Effective resource utilization system derived from information present in the central database. This means that resources can be directed more easily to areas where they are needed the most.
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach by establishing strategic preventive care programs as opposed to just providing treatment to disease.
- Cloud technology that drives the total cost of ownership of central implementation by removing server hardware requirements at each healthcare institution. This would reduce the total cost of ownership by at least 40-50%.
- Ability to integrate different stakeholders in a consistent and reliable model.
- Greater savings since latest technology platform reduces the cost of obsolescence by at least 75%.